Acer Aspire One 150 and JoliCloud

Few weeks ago I received this amazing netbook from my cousin. He knows I'm a gadget freak, so he thought this should keep me busy for a while. Oh, man, and it did. Aspire Acer One 150 comes with preinstalled Windows Xp. I was not so pleased with XP. One of the problems is that Aspire One does not have a dvd-reader. That's no problem. I upgraded to Windows 7 using a Windows 7 iso image (on a 8gb usb stick) and MagicIso.

In order to do that, just copy your original Windows 7 DVD using any image creating software. (you can use imgburn)


Copy that image to a large USB stick. Insert it in your Aspire Acer One, mount it using Magic Iso. In the welcome screen, select install and after that select upgrade. You will lose your Win XP (no harm done there) but you'll be able to run Windows 7 with no problems. It was still not enough for me, so I decided to give Jolicloud a run.


Just go to JoliCloud website, select the installer and follow the quick steps. I recommend a minimum 8-16GB for the installation. Right now, my AAO 150 runs great with two Operating Systems: Windows 7 and JoliCloud.

You can find some prices for AOA150 and the newest versions of Aspire One on Amazon.com

 
Free Host | new york lasik surgery | cpa website design